MADRID -- Spanish police seized a load of pineapples that were transported from Costa Rica.
Inside the fruits, authorities found about 147 pounds (67 kilos) of cocaine hidden inside cylinders.
The pineapples were emptied and each one was filled with a cylinder coated with wax to insulate the odor of the drug.
As part of the operation, seven people were arrested in Madrid and Barcelona.
- Cocaine-filled pineapples seized in Spain
- A Sun Filled Monday
- Animal Shelter filled to capacity
- Cold Weather Fills Local Homeless Shelter
- Dayton shooter had cocaine in his system, coroner says
- City Looks to Fill Hundreds of Jobs in St. Joseph
- St. Joseph fills the boot for Muscular Dystrophy Association
- More than 200 fill library for Drag Queen Story Hour
- Australia and US seize largest ever meth shipment
- An Indiana state representative tried to buy cocaine and impersonated an officer, police say