MADRID -- Spanish police seized a load of pineapples that were transported from Costa Rica.
Inside the fruits, authorities found about 147 pounds (67 kilos) of cocaine hidden inside cylinders.
The pineapples were emptied and each one was filled with a cylinder coated with wax to insulate the odor of the drug.
As part of the operation, seven people were arrested in Madrid and Barcelona.
- Cocaine-filled pineapples seized in Spain
- A Sun Filled Monday
- Cold Weather Fills Local Homeless Shelter
- City Looks to Fill Hundreds of Jobs in St. Joseph
- Australia and US seize largest ever meth shipment
- City filling more than 360,000 sandbags ahead of Missouri River flooding
- ASPCA, KBI seize nearly 50 animals in suspected dog fighting case
- Walmart and Target seize on the first Black Friday without Toys 'R' Us
- Troopers seize thousands of THC vape cartridges, 247 pounds of marijuana