An active weather pattern is setting up for the weekend as some much needed rain chances are moving in to northwest Missouri and northeast Kansas plus much cooler, below average late July temperatures. For our Friday, expect mostly sunny skies during the day with high temperatures once again going up to the lower 80s. We will begin to see an increase in cloud cover Friday evening as our next storm system begins to move in.
On Saturday, we'll have scattered light showers and maybe some thunderstorms throughout the day. The rain & cloud cover will keep temperatures cool with highs only going up into the upper 70s. Sunday and into Monday will be similar with chances of showers and highs in the 70s once again. So far, total rainfall amounts during this period are looking to be just a tenth to a quarter inch of rain.
Next week Tuesday, we dry out and warm back up into the middle to upper 80s. It will be a pleasant workweek overall, but we still need more rain chances in the forecast as the extreme drought conditions continue to expand.
MAPS: Local, Regional & National Radar Maps
MORE: Hourly Forecast
LIVE: Interactive Radar
CLOSINGS: School & Business Closings & Delays
TRAVEL: Traffic & Road Conditions Map
YOUR LOCAL WEATHER AUTHORITY: Extended Forecast
DOWNLOAD OUR WEATHER APPS: iOS | Android
- Cooler Temperatures & Rain Chances For The Weekend
- Rain chances and cooler temperatures this workweek
- Rain Chances This Weekend
- KQ2 Forecast: Rain chances continue, much cooler temperatures Wednesday
- KQ2 Forecast: Rain chances & cooler temperatures for Thursday
- Rain and cooler temperatures in the forecast
- Rain & Snow Chances for Weekend
- Rain chances return this weekend
- KQ2 Forecast: Rain chances, breezy conditions and cooler temperatures for Tuesday
- Clouds and Cooler Temperatures Today