(DONIPHAN COUNTY) The first case of COVID-19 in Doniphan County has been confirmed.
According to a release issued early Tuesday afternoon by the Doniphan County Health Department/Home Health, the individual is in isolation and following the recommendations of health officials.
Health officials said the person is a medical provider. She's between 40 and 50-years-old.
The health department is currently at work to identify contacts of the infected person.
The Doniphan County confirmation brings the number of local area cases to eight.
As of Monday afternoon, there was one confirmed case in Jackson County, one in Pottawatomie County, and five in Leavenworth County.
There has so far been two COVID-19 related deaths in Kansas, one in Wyandotte County and another in Johnson County.
- Coronavirus: First case confirmed in Doniphan County
- St. Joseph man sentenced in Doniphan County murder case
- Burn Ban Issued for Doniphan County, Kansas
- Mobile pantry comes to Doniphan county
- Hail, winds damage farms in Doniphan County
- Man critically injured in Doniphan County fight
- Doniphan County fight victim pronounced dead
- Doniphan County passes countywide retailers' sales tax
- First confirmed case of Coronavirus in Kansas
- Mosaic reports no confirmed cases of Coronavirus