(CRAIG, Mo.) A mandatory evacuation has been issued for Craig due to flooding.
The city issued the evacuation order Wednesday morning.
"There are a lot of people, they can't take this anymore," Craig mayor Rhonda Hunziger said.
The evacuation was ordered due to concerns from flooding of multiple roads around the town including a new concern of the Little Tarkio River potentially flooding east of town.
Parts of northwest Missouri saw between 2-4 inches of rain last night.
- Craig issues mandatory evacuation due to flooding
- Holt County Sheriff's Department: Mandatory evacuation for Craig
- Mandatory evacuation issued for Big Lake as flooding worsens
- Elwood issues mandatory evacuation as Missouri River hits 30 feet
- Voluntary evacuation issued for Craig, according to Holt Co. Sheriff
- Levee breached in Craig, town evacuating
- Craig prepares for possible town flooding
- Craig community returns to flooded town
- City Officials Discuss Mandatory Evacuations for Parts of St. Joseph
- Craig community fights to protect town from Missouri River flood