(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) Anyone headed out to celebrate the New Year this weekend in northwest Missouri will face brutal, cold temperatures.
A Wind Chill Advisory is in effect until midnight Sunday. The real shot of arctic air will come on New Year's Eve into New Year's Day as low temperatures drop between -5 to -20 degrees with the colder temperatures on the north side of the Missouri River. Wind chill values will range between -20 and -35 degrees.
A Wind Chill Warning is in effect New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. The dangerously cold wind chills will cause frostbite and hypothermia symptoms in as little as 30 minutes. Staying indoors is recommended, but if going outside, make sure you have the appropriate clothing and an emergency kit with blankets in your vehicle.
- Dangerous Wind Chills to Linger Through New Year's Weekend
- Wind Chill Advisory Issued for Parts of NWMO and NEKS
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for Tuesday morning
- KQ2 Forecast: Snow lingers through Saturday
- KQ2 Forecast: Creepy & bone chilling weather moving in for Halloween
- Dangers of Flash Flooding
- High fire danger for Friday
- High Winds Cause Damage in Chillicothe
- More heat and strong winds Saturday
- KQ2 Forecast: Winds die down, sunshine returns