(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) The City of St. Joseph Traffic Commission met Wednesday at City Hall to discuss the future fee structure of a new downtown parking garage.
"It was recommended today that the same rates that we apply to the surface parking lots, be applied to the parking garage, which involves a $25 monthly fee for that," said Director of Public Works Andy Clements. "This particular lot will not have an attendant, it will be managed more like a surface parking lot,"
Construction on the new garage at 8th & Felix has been in the works for two years. It was financed by the city and Mosaic Life Care.
"It's quite a boom when Mosaic came to downtown, they really renovated downtown," said Traffic Commission Chairman Rick Hope said.
"With the influx of Mosaic and their employees, of course, half of the garage is going to be filled right up with their employees," Clements said. "We continue to see good things downtown with more and more residential and commercial development and they all need places to park. So while there's not a parking shortage downtown, having lots of good parking options is important throughout downtown."
The parking garage is set to be completed by the beginning of 2018.
- Deadline Set for New Downtown Parking Garage
- Parking Rate Set for Downtown
- Fire Sets Small Garage Ablaze
- Deadline Set for School District Budget Cuts
- Midtown fire destroys garage
- Absentee Voting Deadline Approaching
- Bartlett Park Renovations Set to Begin
- Bartlett Park Renovations Set To Begin
- United Way Campaign Nears Deadline
- Police Investigating Body Found in Garage