(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) In 1843, Joseph Robidoux founded the city of St. Joseph. On Saturday, one of Robidoux's descendants visited the city to speak about the family's long history.
Stephen Kling is a direct descendant of the Robidoux family and the author of "The Battle of St. Louis, the attack on Cahokia, and the American Revolution in the west". The book tells of the attack the British planned on the area of St. Louis in 1780 during the Revolutionary war.
Downtown Abbey event venue invited Kling to speak at one of their 'History Speaks' events. These events focus solely on the untold stories of St. Joseph's history.
"We were elated to have Stephen Kling, author and direct descendant of Joseph Robidoux, come and speak at our little facility, and invite the public," Joni Wescott, co-owner of Downtown Abbey, said.
The event venue puts on a history speaks event every month. To find out when the next event will be, visit their Facebook page.
- Descendant of Joseph Robidoux Visits St. Joseph
- People in St. Joseph celebrate Robidoux's birthday
- Chris Wallace visits St. Joseph
- Governor Greitens to Visit St. Joseph
- Senator Claire McCaskill visits St. Joseph
- Hurts Donut Company visits St. Joseph
- St. Joseph Christmas Decorations
- St. Joseph Mayoral Debate
- St. Joseph celebrates pride
- Governor Parson visits 139th Airlift Wing during St. Joseph visit