(DONIPHAN COUNTY, Kan.) Doniphan County voters approved a countywide retailers' sales tax.
The Doniphan County clerk reported 772 voted yes, while 474 voted no for the tax.
The tax is in the amount of one percent for five years and will take effect October 1, 2020.
The funds from the tax will be used for capital improvemen projects, road improvements, a 911 emergency system and other special projects.
- Doniphan County passes countywide retailers' sales tax
- Retailers Continuing Sales After Holidays
- Burn Ban Issued for Doniphan County, Kansas
- Mobile pantry comes to Doniphan county
- Hail, winds damage farms in Doniphan County
- Man critically injured in Doniphan County fight
- Doniphan County fight victim pronounced dead
- Voters pass CIP tax
- 2 Injured in Crash on Highway 36 in Doniphan County
- St. Joseph man sentenced in Doniphan County murder case