Twenty-three year old Kathleen Porter was taken to the hospital after a crash on I-29 Monday morning.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol said she was traveling south bound on I-29 near Frederick Avenue around 9:30 a.m. when she fell asleep at the wheel.
Porter's vehicle collided with the guardrail and crashed into a state road sign before coming to a stop on the hillside.
Emergency crews had to cut her from the vehicle. Porter was taken to Mosaic Life Care by Buchanan County EMS where she remains with serious injuries.
Traffic on I-29 was backed up for about 30 minutes.
- Driver Taken to Hospital After Falling Asleep on I-29
- Driver falls asleep, crashes into wall outside former Geiger Mansion
- Sheriff: Driver falls asleep, car struck by train near Atchison, Kansas
- Driver injured after semi overturns on I-29 in Platte County
- Accident on I-29 Sends Two to the Hospital
- Teenager seriously injured after falling asleep while driving
- MODOT Vehicle Involved in Accident on I-29
- Multi-vehicle crash closes northbound I-29
- I-29 reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- 1 injured in rollover crash on I-29