(LIVINGSTON COUNTY, Mo.) A driver was fatally shot by deputies in Livingston County after a traffic stop Wednesday evening, according to the Livingston County Sheriff's Office.
Authorities said deputies stopped a vehicle in Wheeling when officers experienced problems with the driver. During the incident a deputy shot the driver. The man was taken to the hospital where he later died.
A deputy was also treated at the hospital and later released.
The deputy involved in the shooting is on adminstrative leave. The name of the man killed has not been released.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol is now handling the investigation.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Driver killed in officer-involved shooting in Livingston County
- Driver killed in officer-involved shooting identified
- Livingston County Sheriff's Office investigating hunting death
- Livingston County deputies arrest man after he physically resisted officers
- Livingston County Sheriff Seeking Information on Burglary Suspect
- Manhunt under way by Livingston County deputies in Wheeling
- One person in hospital following crash in Livingston County
- No kids on board when bus overturns in Livingston County
- No Charges in Deadly Officer-Involved Shooting
- Suspect charged in officer-involved shooting incident