(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A semi-truck overturned in the eastbound lanes of Highway 36 near I-229 in St. Joseph Friday morning.
According to the St. Joseph Police Department, a truck was merging onto Hwy. 36 from the Stockyards Expressway when the truck's cargo of scrap meTal shifted causing the truck to overturn. The crash blocked eastbound lanes of Hwy. 36.
The driver of the truck sustained minor injuries and refused medical treatment.
The scene took a few hours to clear before traffic resumed to normal.
Police say no citations will be given to the driver.
- Driver refuses medical treatment after truck overturns on Highway 36
- MoDOT truck overturns on highway
- Truck Carrying Bees Overturns
- Pedestrian killed on 36 Highway
- 3 injured after truck pulling camper flips on Highway 36
- Police investigating car accident on 36 Highway
- 1 injured in 36 Highway rollover accident
- SJPD identifies man killed along Highway 36
- MoDOT Truck Overturns in Andrew County
- 2 Injured in Crash on Highway 36 in Doniphan County