(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) An accident on the Belt Highway near the North Shoppes sent two people to the hospital Monday night.
Police say it happened around 9:15 p.m., after a vehicle ran a red light and crashed into another car turning onto the Belt at the intersection of Northridge Dr. and Belt Highway.
One person from each vehicle was transported to Mosaic Life Care with minor to moderate injuries. One vehicle had children as passengers, but police did not say if any of them were injured.
The driver of the vehicle that ran the red light received a citation.
Southbound lanes of the Belt Highway around the Shoppes at North Village were closed for about an hour while police worked the scene.
- Police: driver runs red light, 2 people sent to hospital
- Court documents show driver charged with manslaughter ran red light
- Police: Driver fails to yield sending three to hospital
- Police Searching for Driver Involved in Hit-and-Run Accident
- Police search for driver in Belt Highway hit-and-run
- Police looking for driver involved in hit-and-run
- Police searching for driver involved in hit and run crash
- VIDEO: Police search for hit-and-run driver
- Police: Driver ejected after a SUV fails to yield at light
- Police Investigate Hit and Run