(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) St. Joseph Police responded to a drunk driving accident on the 300 block of Middleton Street just after 5 p.m. Thursday evening.
Police said an intoxicated driver rolled through a stop sign, turned onto Linn Street and crashed into the front of Barber’s Pub Ole Lamplighter.
The lamplighter was closed at the time of the accident, and police said there was no one inside the building.
The accident caused a small gas leak when authorities said the driver struck a gas meter near the side of the road before coming to a stop inside the front entrance of the bar.
The leak was quickly addressed by the St. Joseph street maintenance, and the driver was taken into police custody.
Authorities said no one was injured.
- Drunk Driver Crashes into St. Joseph Bar
- Trial begins for suspected drunk driver who killed Maryville student after crashing into bar
- Driver Charged in Deadly Maryville Bar Crash
- Drivers Education Course Back in St. Joseph
- Driver's Ed Returning to St. Joseph
- Maryville Bar to Reopen After Student was Killed by Drunk Driver
- St. Joseph Christmas Decorations
- St. Joseph Mayoral Debate
- Driver in custody following crash into power pole in St. Joseph
- Descendant of Joseph Robidoux Visits St. Joseph