STREAMING NOW: Watch Now

Dryer fire damages house Thursday morning

A fire at a home Thursday morning has displaced one family and the fire department says there were no injuries reported.

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 12:12 PM

(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A fire at a home Thursday morning has displaced one family and the fire department says there were no injuries reported.

The fire happening on the 1500 block of N. 15th St. around 1 a.m. early Thursday morning.

The fire department says the fire started from a dryer in the home. A single family is being helped by the American Red Cross.

St. Joseph
Clear
43° wxIcon
Hi: 59° Lo: 38°
Feels Like: 38°
Clarinda
Partly Cloudy
43° wxIcon
Hi: 57° Lo: 34°
Feels Like: 38°
St. Joseph
Clear
43° wxIcon
Hi: 58° Lo: 36°
Feels Like: 38°
Chillicothe/Agri
Partly Cloudy
39° wxIcon
Hi: 56° Lo: 35°
Feels Like: 32°
Falls City
Clear
41° wxIcon
Hi: 59° Lo: 35°
Feels Like: 34°
Clouds have started to increase across the area overnight and will continue through the morning hours as a disturbance passes south of the area. Clouds will slowly start to clear through the afternoon hours. Today temperatures will still be above average, but cooler than yesterday with highs in the upper 50s. Temperatures will be back in the 60s this weekend under mostly sunny skies. Winds will be a bit breezy on Sunday with wind gusts up to 25 mph. Wind will remain fairly breezy through the beginning of next week especially on Tuesday and Wednesday. Temperatures will stay above average next week with rain chances increasing by mid week.
KQTV Radar
KQTV Temperatures
KQTV Alerts

Community Events