East Buchanan is one step closer to claiming a Class 1 State football championship.
"They believe in each other," Head coach Kevin Bryan said.
The Bulldogs travel almost three hours for their semifinal showdown with undefeated (13-0) Monroe City.
"It's very exciting," Senior Seth Kenagy said. "Especially now that we're out of conference play and playing teams that we've already played before."
The journey to this game wasn't necessarily forshadowed during the preseason.
"To be honest with you, I didn't," Bryan said. "We didn't have a great season last year and the kids coming back, we were going to have to replace some kids in key positions, but they bought in."
From 5-4 in 2016 to 7-2 and a share of the KCI Conference title this season, the Bulldogs believed and found a way.
"I knew we'd have to work at it and work hard. Put in long hours and we have," Senior Carter Cornelius said.
East Buchanan takes on Monroe City Saturday afternoon at 1 p.m.
- East Buchanan Prepares for Semifinals Showdown
- East Buchanan Powers Past Princeton to Advance into the Class 1 State Semifinal
- East Buchanan Football Named HyVee Team of the Week
- High School Round-up: East Buchanan Falls Short in Class 1, Maryville Cruises Past Blair Oaks
- More than a Game: East Buchanan HC Kevin Bryan fights cancer, coaches football
- Bills Top Chiefs in Key AFC Showdown
- East Hills Shopping Center prepares for Black Friday
- Former Buchanan County Deputy Appears in Court
- Mid-Buchanan Sweeps KCI Tournament Championships
- Buchanan County Sheriff Warns of Phone Scams