(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.)— Edison Elementary School is dismissing at noon Monday due to a power outage.
SJSD officials said in a release Monday morning that a tree fell on a power line near the school causing the building to lose power.
School officials were notified by KCP&L that it could take four to five hours to restore power.
The school made accommodations this morning to continue classes, provide breakfast and prepare lunches, but the temperature in the building will begin to drop by midday due to the outage.
- Edison Elementary dismissing early Monday due to power outage
- Edison Elementary students get new mentors
- Edison Elementary Student Art Pieces on Display in Midtown
- SJSD to dismiss early Friday due to impending winter storm
- SJSD to dismiss 1 hour early Wednesday due to weather
- North Belt Walmart Closed for Hours Due to Power Outage
- SJSD schools to dismiss early Tuesday due to heat-related factors
- St. Joseph School District dismissing early due to possible icy weather
- SJSD middle schools, high schools to dismiss early Wednesday due to heat
- SJSD middle schools, high schools to dismiss early Thursday due to heat