(BUCHANAN COUNTY, Mo.)— Buchanan County Sheriff's Department, the Missouri State Highway Patrol, and Atchison County, Ks. Rescue responded to a vehicle that was stuck in water on the Buchanan County side of Atchison, Kansas.
According to Buchanan County Sheriff Bill Puett, the driver drove around barricades when the vehicle took on water.
The water was too deep for officials to drive to the vehicle stuck so the Missouri State Highway Patrol's Water Patrol division deployed boats to rescue the man in the vehicle.
No other information is available at this time.
- Emergency officials rescue driver from flood waters
- Couple rescued from flood waters
- Emergency officials offer tips to drivers and families
- Highway Patrol rescues family from flood waters in Corning
- Nearly 3 dozen water rescues performed during flooding
- Flooding leads to multiple water rescues in Rosendale
- Flooding leads to road closures, officials urge people not to drive through flood waters
- Cameron water conservation in 'Emergency Phase'
- State and city officials tour flooded areas
- Hamilton city officials concerned about water supply