(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) As a result of the Missouri River falling to around 31 feet, the evacuation orders for the City of St. Joseph and Buchanan County have been lifted.
The notice is for residents and businesses behind the L-455 levee, which includes St. Joseph and the Lake Contrary area.
Individuals are now allowed to begin the process of moving back into their homes and properties. The St. Joseph Police Department will continue their checkpoint of this area throughout the day to help expedite this process in an organized manner.
The city and county urges everyone to remain cautious and watchful until the river recedes to a lower level.
- Evacuations lifted for St. Joseph, Buchanan County
- Mandatory evacuations for parts of St. Joseph, Buchanan County, Doniphan County
- Voluntary evacuations for parts of St. Joseph
- Survey shows 67 homes, 12 businesses damaged by flood in Buchanan County and St. Joseph
- Boil water advisory lifted for south St. Joseph
- Precautionary Boil Order Lifted for Areas South of St. Joseph
- City Officials Discuss Mandatory Evacuations for Parts of St. Joseph
- SJSD provides evacuated St. Joseph families free lunches
- St. Joseph Christmas Decorations
- St. Joseph Mayoral Debate