STREAMING NOW: Watch Now
CLOSINGS: View Closings

Family displaced after kitchen fire at St. Joseph home

Fire inspectors said the fire was caused by food left unattended on a stove.

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 8:59 PM
Updated: Jan 23, 2020 9:13 AM

(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A mother and her children are displaced after a kitchen fire at their home Wednesday night.

St. Joseph firefighters were called to the home around 6:00 p.m. on the 3600 block of Monterey Street.

Authorities said the family was able to get out safely.

Fire inspectors on the scene said the fire was caused by food left unattended on the stove.

The American Red Cross was called in to help the family. 

St. Joseph
Clear
35° wxIcon
Hi: 50° Lo: 31°
Feels Like: 35°
Maryville
Partly Cloudy
34° wxIcon
Hi: 46° Lo: 29°
Feels Like: 28°
Savannah
Clear
35° wxIcon
Hi: 48° Lo: 31°
Feels Like: 35°
Cameron
Partly Cloudy
40° wxIcon
Hi: 48° Lo: 31°
Feels Like: 40°
Atchison
Partly Cloudy
40° wxIcon
Hi: 48° Lo: 28°
Feels Like: 37°
Clouds will slowly build back into the area today. Clouds will linger overnight as a cold front moves through and the winds will pick up out of the northwest at 5 to 15 mph. That front will bring us a breezy northerly wind for your Wednesday as well as some cold temperatures. Highs will struggle to warm into the lower 20 on Wednesday, but wind chills will only feel like the single digits during the afternoon. Thursday will be the coldest day of the week. Wind chills still start out sub zero Thursday morning, with temperatures only making it into the teens by the afternoon. Temperatures will slowly start to recover by the weekend.
KQTV Radar
KQTV Temperatures
KQTV Alerts

Community Events