CLOSINGS: View Closings

Family displaced after kitchen fire at St. Joseph home

Fire inspectors said the fire was caused by food left unattended on a stove.

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 8:59 PM
Updated: Jan 23, 2020 9:13 AM

(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A mother and her children are displaced after a kitchen fire at their home Wednesday night.

St. Joseph firefighters were called to the home around 6:00 p.m. on the 3600 block of Monterey Street.

Authorities said the family was able to get out safely.

Fire inspectors on the scene said the fire was caused by food left unattended on the stove.

The American Red Cross was called in to help the family. 

Article Comments

Saint Joseph
Broken Clouds
58° wxIcon
Hi: 61° Lo: 37°
Feels Like: 58°
Maryville
Clear
52° wxIcon
Hi: 57° Lo: 33°
Feels Like: 52°
Savannah
Broken Clouds
58° wxIcon
Hi: 57° Lo: 35°
Feels Like: 58°
Cameron
Scattered Clouds
57° wxIcon
Hi: 60° Lo: 35°
Feels Like: 57°
Fairfax
Clear
53° wxIcon
Hi: 57° Lo: 34°
Feels Like: 53°
Tomorrow we will see lots of sunshine as a area of high pressure continues to move into northeast Kansas and northwest Missouri. The colder temperatures will start to move away from the area on Saturday. Then over the weekend we will warm up dramatically with highs in the 50s and watch for our next chance for rain on Sunday.
KQTV Radar
KQTV Temperatures
KQTV Alerts

Community Events