(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) After six days and twelve miles of searching with no sight of Maui, the one-year-old bull-mastiff puppy, the Lane family decided to turn to a professional.
The family hired Angie Rutherford, a private investigator with Karin TarQwyn K9 Investigations.
Rutherford brought her six specific scent trained dogs to St. Joseph to hunt down Maui's scent. The mission lasted seven hours, taking the private investigator and the family on a four and a half mile trek along the 102 River.
The trained dogs led Rutherford and the Lane family to a parking lot located across from Tyson Foods on Mitchell Avenue and behind the Family Center Farm and Home.
“Right now it appears with the scenting ending the way it did, that someone has possibly picked up Maui,” Rutherford said.
The family is hoping that whoever picked up Maui, did so without knowing that they were looking for their beloved puppy.
"If you know anything that could possibly help us get ahold of the person that has him, they might not realize we’re looking for him. If you could give us any information, it would really mean a lot,”said Katie Lane.
The Lane family is offering a $1,000 reward to any tip that brings Maui back home.
If you do have any information, the family asks that you call 816-679-6147.
- Family hires private investigator to find missing puppy
- Prosecuting Attorney's Office hires Criminal Investigator
- SJSD Hires New Administrators
- Salvation Army Helps Local Family Find Home
- Police: Puppy Stabbed During Fight Between Roommates
- Family finds hidden camera livestreaming from their Airbnb in Ireland
- Privatization of Public Defenders Could Help Fix the Underfunded System
- Harry and Meghan will keep royal baby birth private
- Puppy born with upside down paws undergoes surgery
- Inaugural Puppy Bowl helps bring donations to shelter