(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) The lingering drought has not only been tough on farmers but also on those that sell fresh produce.
Farmers at the weekly farmers market at East Hills Mall said this year has been a tough one.
"It's been a constant battle hauling water in the fields. You just can't gain what Mother Nature can do in one night. It takes you a week to do by yourself hauling water," Ryan Frakes said.
Farmers said the rain last week has been a big help.
They are hoping the area can still see a good rain even every week before harvest.
- Farmers market feels effect of the drought
- Drought Causing Water Shortages For Farmers
- Drought Conditions Continue
- Drought impacts local orchard
- Leadership Group Plans to Bring Farmers Market to Andrew County
- Tornado Watch in Effect
- Drought Conditions Worsen Across The Area
- Drought conditions improve after recent heavy rain
- Drought conditions improve despite rainfall deficits