(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A 23-year-old Faucett man faces an involuntary manslaughter charge for a crash on Belt Highway that killed a woman Friday.
The Buchanan County prosecutor's office has charged Bronson Cooper one count of second-degree involuntary manslaughter in the Aug. 3 wreck on South Belt Highway near 36 Highway.
St. Joseph police said a car exiting off Highway 36 was turning north on to the Belt when it was hit by Cooper's car. A 29-year-old woman died from her injuries she suffered in the accident. Her 8-year-old boy was taken by life flight to Children's Mercy Hospital with very serious injuries.
Names of the victims have not been released but St. Joseph Police said the 8-year-old boy suffered broken bones but was expected to make a full recovery. The driver also suffered serious injuries.
Prosecutors requested a $200,010 bond.
According to Buchanan County Jail's inmate records, Cooper's court date is set for Aug. 14.
- Faucett man charged in crash that killed one
- Faucett Firehouse Seeks Community Support
- Motorcycle Crash Kills Missouri Man
- Stanberry man killed in crash
- 1 Killed in Ultralight Crash
- Fatal Car Crash Kills One
- Woman Killed in Holt County Crash
- 2 Killed in Crash on 45 Highway
- Winston Woman Killed in Clinton County Crash
- UPDATE: 1 killed in Belt Highway crash