(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) With Christmas less than a week away, it’s crunchtime for shoppers trying to pick up everything on their lists. It’s also the last chance to collect Shop St. Joseph tickets.
“We’ve participated in Shop St. Joe for three years. This year is probably our most successful based on how many tickets we’ve given out,” Country Cookie manager, Heather Mitchell said. “We typically go through three quarters of a roll, this year we’ve gone through nearly two rolls.”
Business has been booming in St. Joseph as shoppers are in the final days to collect their raffle tickets. The program was created to encourage shoppers to spend their money at local businesses by giving out raffle tickets. This years grand prize is $10,000.
“Folks are excited about it and are trying to support locally, with collection of tickets,” Mitchell said.
Pamela Houp owns PBE Toys and Dolls and has been participating in Shop St. Joseph since it started in 2006.
“It’s a lot of fun to hand out the tickets and get people excited about winning $10,000,” Houp said.
The Shop St. Joseph winner will be drawn Wednesday, December 20 and announced on KQ2 at 5pm. For those who don’t win the grand prize, several businesses will be giving out second chance prizes.
“We participate in the second chance prizes and our second chance prize is a $25 gift card to our store,” Mitchell said.
- Final Days for Shop St. Joseph
- Winning Numbers for "Shop St. Joseph" Drawn
- UPDATE: Shop St. Joseph grand prize claimed
- Celebrate St. Joseph Founder's Day
- St. Joseph Municipal Primary Election Final Results
- Shop St. Joseph second chance prize numbers announced
- Local mom wins Shop St. Joseph grand prize
- St. Joseph Christmas Decorations
- St. Joseph Mayoral Debate
- St. Joseph Animal Shelter finalizing deal on new building