(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A fire completely engulfed two buildings overnight, leaving St. Joseph families without a home.
The fire happened on the 1100 block of Church Street around 11:30 p.m. Saturday night.
Fire crews were still on scene into the early hours Sunday morning battling the flames and large amounts of smoke.
Two separate witnesses told KQ2 that four homes initially caught on fire. Two of the buildings were put out, the other two collapsed.
The fire also spread to a car parked outside one of the homes, according to witnesses.
Some of the homes were occupied, and the Red Cross was called on scene to assist the families. It's unclear how many people were displaced by the fire at this time.
No injuries have been reported. The cause is still under investigation.
- Fire Engulfs Multiple Homes Overnight
- Fire Crews Battle Home Engulfed in Flames
- Overnight Fire Displaces 14
- Fire Leave Multiple Families Homeless
- SJFD Respond to Vacant Structure Engulfed in Flames
- Fire Crews Battle Flames in Overnight Fire
- Falls City Fire Crews Battle Overnight Fire
- Home hit multiple times by gunfire early Wednesday morning
- Mild and Humid Overnight
- Fatal overnight accident