A St. Joseph family has been displaced following a structure fire on SW Diagonal Road.
The St. Joseph Fire Department said the flames started around 11 a.m. Tuesday morning in the bathroom of the home.
SJFD said the fire got out of control and spread to three rooms of the house. It also caused extensive damage to the ceiling and outer part of the structure.
Battalion Chief Russell Moore said the home was occupied by one adult female and three children at the time of the fire.
"It was occupied. I believe everybody got out okay," Moore said. "There's several adults that live here and several children."
No injuries were reported in the fire. However, Moore said the home sustained extensive damage and the family will have to stay at another location.
Moore said the American Red Cross Chapter of Northwest Missouri was called to help the family.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Fire Leaves Family Homeless
- Fire Leave Multiple Families Homeless
- Booth Center opens to serve homeless families
- Trailer fire leaves Southside family without a home
- Homeless Man Charged in Stabbing
- Task Force Tackles Homeless Crisis
- Crossing campus homeless shelter opens
- Downtown walk highlights homeless services
- House Fire Displaces Family of Six
- Family displaced after fire burns home