(ST. JOSEPH, Mo) The St. Joseph Fire Department responded to a house fire Wednesday night.
Firefighters were called to a home at the intersection of Ohio and Gordon Streets on the city's Southside just before 6 p.m. Firefighters said they could see smoke coming from the roof as well as flames inside the house. Upon entry, crews were able to keep the fire contained to one area. Fire inspector Mindy Andrasevits said the fire originated from a small closet.
One woman lived in the home and had just left a half hour before the fire department was called to the scene according to Andrasevits.
The American Red Cross assisted the woman in finding a place to stay.
- Fire damages Southside home
- SJFD responds to Southside fire
- Trailer fire leaves Southside family without a home
- Southside Fall Festival Royalty crowned
- Southside Fall Festival kicks off
- Southsiders Take Their Turn with Superintendent Input
- After original confusion, Southside body identified
- Southside neighborhoods are organizing to combat crime
- Midtown Fire Burns Through Garage, Damages Homes
- Southside SJSD Board Member Disappointed with School Closure Vote