(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A fire damaged a vacant house overnight in St. Joseph.
The fire broke out around 1:00 a.m. at the house near 20th and Sacramento.
Firefighters arrived to find smoke and flames at the back the house.
Firefighters were able to knock down the flames but also had to protect a couple nearby homes from flying embers.
"Our fire crews wet down the grass and the roofs of the two houses to the north," said St. Joseph Fire Department Inspector Rob Blizzard.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- Fire damages vacant home overnight
- Vacant House Damaged in Early Morning Fire
- Fire destroys vacant house
- Fire damages Southside home
- Fire Engulfs Multiple Homes Overnight
- Viewer Video Shows Fire Tearing Through Vacant Home
- Early morning fire destroys vacant structure
- Overnight Fire Displaces 14
- Midtown Fire Burns Through Garage, Damages Homes
- City Sees Number of Vacant House Fires Double