(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A fire damaged a vacant house overnight in St. Joseph.
The fire broke out around 1:00 a.m. at the house near 20th and Sacramento.
Firefighters arrived to find smoke and flames at the back the house.
Firefighters were able to knock down the flames but also had to protect a couple nearby homes from flying embers.
"Our fire crews wet down the grass and the roofs of the two houses to the north," said St. Joseph Fire Department Inspector Rob Blizzard.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- Fire damages vacant home overnight
- Vacant House Damaged in Early Morning Fire
- Fire damages vacant St. Joseph fourplex
- Fire destroys vacant house
- Vacant home on Marie Street catches fire
- Fire damages Southside home
- Fire Engulfs Multiple Homes Overnight
- Viewer Video Shows Fire Tearing Through Vacant Home
- Vacant home catches fire in south St. Joseph Monday morning
- Early morning fire destroys vacant structure