(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A fire destroyed a vacant home in midtown St. Joseph Wednesday night.
St. Joseph firefighters arrived at a large brick home on north 16th Street just before 8 p.m. But when crews arrived they found the house fully engulfed in flames.
SJFD said crews quickly determined the extent of the fire coupled with the fact that it was vacant to work defensively, so no structures nearby caught fire.
The cause of the fire is unknown at this time.
- Fire destroys house in midtown St. Joseph
- Midtown fire destroys garage
- Crews battle fire in midtown St. Joseph
- One dead in stabbing in midtown St. Joseph
- Fire destroys home in south St. Joseph
- Weekend Midtown Shooting Update
- SJFD battles midtown blaze
- Fire destroys vacant house
- Man arrested after police respond to shots fired in midtown St. Joseph
- Midtown Fire Burns Through Garage, Damages Homes