(St.Joseph,MO) Area first responders are teaming up during the month of September to tackle hunger with a little friendly competition.
The St. Joseph Fire Department, St. Joseph Police Department and the Buchanan County EMS are having a competitive food drive to benefit the Second Harvest Food Bank. The emergency services will compete to collect the most cash and non-perishable food donations for the food bank. The first responder food fight, began September 1 and will last until September 30.
“It’s just a way to raise some needed things for people in the community and compete at the same time,” St. Joseph Firefighter Jeff Werner said.
Donations can be dropped off at any firehouse, the St. Joseph Police Department at 501 Faraon St., or the the Buchanan County EMS Headquarters at 5010 Frederick Ave.
- First responders host food drive
- Local first responders team up for food drive to benefit Second Harvest Food Bank
- Open Door Food Kitchen hosts Thanksgiving lunch
- Red Cross Hosting Blood Drive Today
- Mosaic Life Care Hosting Blood Drive Today
- Second Harvest Hosts 37th Annual Fund Drive
- Firearm store hosts treats first responders, military to lunch
- Canned Food Drive Puts Local Principal in Sticky Situation
- Mayor hosts Thanksgiving meal, raises money for food bank