(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) Flags at City Hall in St. Joseph were lowered to half-staff Friday in honor of former Mayor Ken Shearin, who passed away Monday.
Flags at city buildings will fly at half-staff until sunset.
A moment of silence will also be held at Monday night's city council meeting in memory of Shearin.
Shearin served as mayor of St. Joseph from 2006-2010.
He was 76 years old.
Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. Friday at Meierhoffer Funeral Home.
- Flags at half-staff in honor of former Mayor Shearin
- Governor Greitens Orders Flags to Half-Staff to Honor Fallen Clinton Police Officer
- "Flags for Fallen Soldiers" honors veterans
- Big Second Half Propels Central Boys
- Big Changes for Second Half of Workweek
- St. Joseph Mayoral Debate
- Elementary Students Quiz Mayoral Candidates
- Candidates Ready for Mayoral Debate
- Northwest Uses Big Second Half to Down Northern State
- Strong Second Half Powers Northwest Past Upper Iowa