(BUCHANAN COUNTY, Mo.) U.S. Hwy. 59 has closed again into Atchison, Kansas due to flooding.
The road is closed at Hwy. 45 on the Missouri side. The Buchanan County Sheriff's Office says there is water over the roadway.
The Amelia Earhart Bridge is open to local traffic only.
Due to recent rainfall, the Missouri River has been steadily rising leading to flooding in the area.
The road had been open for less than month after March's historic flooding.
- Flooding closes Hwy. 59 near Atchison, Kansas
- Flooding closes Highway 59 near Atchison, Kansas
- Highway 59 reopens into Atchison, Kansas
- 2 Dead in Hwy. 59 Crash Near Atchison
- Hwy. 59 remains closed as water still covers roadway
- Highway 59 remains closed due to flooding
- Highway 59 closing again due to flooding
- Route 59 reopens to one lane traffic from Rushville to Atchison, Kansas
- U.S. Route 59 now completely open from Atchison, Kansas to St. Joseph
- Atchison, Kansas flooding: "Worst that we've had since 2011"