(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) Flooding has closed Stockyards Expressway in St. Joseph.
The city is currently monitoring the area but floodwaters have already covered parking lots off the Expressway.
"The water was nowhere near covering the parking lot, then it had been," said St. Joseph City Communications Manager Mary Robertson. "It is rising very quickly now."
The Missouri River is expected to crest Friday in St. Joseph at 30.1 feet.
- Flooding closes Stockyards Expressway
- Record-setting flood closes Stockyards Expressway
- NB Stockyards Expressway ramp onto NB I-229 closed for emergency bridge repairs
- Riverwalk Trail closed due to flooding
- LATEST: Flooding leads to additional road closings in northwest Missouri
- Flooding forces more evacuations; I-29 closed at Missouri/Iowa border
- LATEST: Two more Missouri River crossings close due to flooding
- I-29 north of St. Joseph closed because of flooding
- Church Closings
- Dangers of Flash Flooding