(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) Flooding has closed Stockyards Expressway in St. Joseph.
The city is currently monitoring the area but floodwaters have already covered parking lots off the Expressway.
"The water was nowhere near covering the parking lot, then it had been," said St. Joseph City Communications Manager Mary Robertson. "It is rising very quickly now."
The Missouri River is expected to crest Friday in St. Joseph at 30.1 feet.
- Flooding closes Stockyards Expressway
- Record-setting flood closes Stockyards Expressway
- NB Stockyards Expressway ramp onto NB I-229 closed for emergency bridge repairs
- Flooding closes roadways near Chillicothe
- Riverwalk Trail closed due to flooding
- Flooding closes Hwy. 59 near Atchison, Kansas
- Highway 59 remains closed due to flooding
- Highway 59 closing again due to flooding
- Flooding closes dozens of highways across state
- Flooding closes a stretch of Riverside Road