(LIVINGSTON COUNTY, Mo.) Several roadways near Chillicothe have been shut-off to driver's following severe weather Tuesday.
The Livingston County Sheriff's Department posted on Facebook that a stretch of Highway 190 near at the Highway Y intersection, over the Thompson River bridge, was closed around 1p.m. Wednesday due to water on the roadway.
Highway 65 south of Chillicothe is also currently closed.
U.S. 36 westbound in the area just West of Chillicothe was also closed after water covered the highway. The sheriff's department said the water levels of the Thompson River are still rising, and that U.S. 36 west of Chillicothe could close both lanes if it becomes unsafe to drive.
It's unclear when the roads will be back open to drivers.
- Flooding closes roadways near Chillicothe
- Flooding closes Highway 36 on both sides of Chillicothe
- Chillicothe Hosts Holiday Expo
- Chillicothe uproots historic church
- Sliced Bread Day in Chillicothe
- Chillicothe Football Coach Phil Willard Retires
- Benton, Chillicothe Grab Conference Wins Thursday
- High Winds Cause Damage in Chillicothe
- 3 charged in Chillicothe railroad bridge fire
- Crash kills 80-year old man near Chillicothe