(St. Joseph, Mo.)- Valentine's Day is now less than 48 hours away and the countdown is on for those last minute gifts.
Florists at "Hy-Vee Flowers by Rob" have been working non-stop the last few days getting those flower orders ready. They've been experiencing high call volume for orders and deliveries.
Spring bouquets of lilies and carnations have been a hit this year for floral arrangements. But once again, red roses are the top item.
"We go through literally thousands of red roses," said Manager Rob Houp. "We have beautiful colors. We have yellow, different shades of pink and white. But when most guys think of flowers, they think of red roses. Just because of the romance."
The floral shop on 5005 Frederick Ave is planning to open up at 8 a.m. Thursday for those last minute day of walk-ins.
But it's still not too late to call and get an order in on Wednesday. You can call (816) 232-3326.
- Flower shops preparing for busy Valentine's Day
- Why flowers get so expensive on Valentine's Day
- Local shop sells hundreds of chocolate covered strawberries for Valentine's Day
- Downtown shop braces for more business
- East Hills Shopping Center prepares for Black Friday
- Final Days for Shop St. Joseph
- Small Business Saturday Encourages Customers to Shop Local
- KQ2 Forecast: One more nice day for Valentine's Day before winter returns
- New CBD store prepares to enter medical cannabis business
- Local business preparing for Chiefs fans in St. Joseph