(KANSAS CITY, Mo.) A former Cameron, Missouri high school teacher was sentenced in federal court for secretly recording pornographic videos of three teenage victims in his bathroom.
William Derek Williams, 40, of Cameron, was sentenced to 20 years in federal prison without parole. The court also sentenced Williams to 10 years of supervised release following incarceration. Williams formerly was a high school language arts teacher and more recently a part-time high school multimedia teacher at the time of the offense.
Williams pleaded guilty on Aug. 26, 2019, to one count of producing child pornography. Williams admitted that he secretly filmed three different victims over a five-year period from January 2013 to September 2018 while they were in the basement bathroom of his residence.
A then-15-year-old victim discovered a hidden camera, designed to look like a cell phone charger plug, on Sept. 6, 2018. The victim opened the device and retrieved a micro SD card, which he inserted into his cell phone in order to view its contents. The card included a secretly-recorded video of the victim.
The child victim turned the device over to investigators. On Sept. 8, 2018, investigators with the Clinton County, Mo., Sheriff's Department executed a search warrant at Williams's residence and seized a laptop computer and an SD card. Each of those devices contained pornographic videos of two more teenage victims who were secretly recorded in the basement bathroom. The laptop contained five distinct videos produced on five different days of a then-16-year-old victim. The laptop and the SD card contained several pornographic videos of a third victim who was then between 14 and 16 years old.
- Former Cameron High School teacher sentenced to 20 years for using hidden camera to produce child pornography
- Former Cameron teacher pleads guilty to using hidden camera to produce child pornography
- Former Cameron teacher facing federal charges for producing child pornography
- Cameron teacher charged with possessing child pornography
- A food worker faces child pornography charges after a hidden camera was discovered in a school bathroom
- Former St. Joseph scout leader sentenced for distributing child pornography
- Former Cameron teacher pleads ‘not guilty’ in child porn case
- St. Joseph Man Sentenced to Seven Years in Federal Prison for Child Pornography
- Polo man charged with possessing child pornography
- Cameron woman sentenced to 18 years for meth conspiracy