(ST. JOSEPH, Mo)— Drug addiction is becoming a major problem in our country, effecting every corner including here in northwest Missouri and now a retired doctor is stepping up to do his part to curve those numbers here in the area.
Dr. Robert Corder is teaming up with The Center downtown to provide treatment to pregnant women battling drug addiction. Corder said his previous experience as an obstetrician, along with a desire to help his community inspired his decision to come out of retirement.
"I love St. Joe and I want St. Joe to be a good place to live in, so that's what we're trying to do is help people in addiction," Corder said.
Dr. Corder is accepting new patients at The Center, for more information you can contact The Center at 816-364-4300.
- Former doctor joins fight against opioid abuse
- MODOT joins the fight against human trafficking
- Local organizations join fight against breast cancer
- Grocery chain changes pharmacy rules to fight opioid epidemic
- Local Doctors Skeptical of Cheese Everyday Diet
- Local doctor dispels myths about flu shots
- Local officials discuss opioids with Senator Blunt
- Local Farmers Fight Milk Crisis
- Medicaid Expands Substance Abuse Treatment
- Water Protection Employees Vote to Join Union, Despite City Concerns