Photo Gallery 6 Images
(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) Thunderstorms developed during the evening hours on Tuesday and triggered several thunderstorm warnings and multiple reports of large hail from across the area.
In total, 11 reports of severe criteria hail were reported. Hail with a diameter of one inch, or the size of a quarter, or greater is considered severe.
Here is the list of hail reports from northwest Missouri and northeast Kansas:
- 1.00" hail in Troy, Kan.
- 1.75" hail in Maysville, Mo.
- 2.50" hail (golf ball size) two miles northwest of Cameron, Mo.
- 1.25" hail four miles southeast of Trenton, Mo.
- 1.25" hail five miles west of Dearborn, Mo.
- 2.00" hail in Dawn, Mo.
- 2.00" hail two miles northeast of Ludlow, Mo.
Data obtained from the Storm Prediction Center.
- Golf ball-sized hail reported in northwest Missouri Tuesday
- PHOTOS: Hail falls in parts of northwest Missouri
- Northwest Runs Past Missouri Western
- Severe Weather Hits Northwest Missouri
- Hail, wind damage reported from Saturday's storms
- Record Corn Harvest Expected in Northwest Missouri
- Heavy rainfall floods homes in northwest Missouri
- Governor visits northwest Missouri ahead of Missouri River flooding
- Western and Northwest Softball Split Tuesday
- Northwest Missouri State University will close campus Tuesday night due extreme cold