Photo Gallery 6 Images
(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) Thunderstorms developed during the evening hours on Tuesday and triggered several thunderstorm warnings and multiple reports of large hail from across the area.
In total, 11 reports of severe criteria hail were reported. Hail with a diameter of one inch, or the size of a quarter, or greater is considered severe.
Here is the list of hail reports from northwest Missouri and northeast Kansas:
- 1.00" hail in Troy, Kan.
- 1.75" hail in Maysville, Mo.
- 2.50" hail (golf ball size) two miles northwest of Cameron, Mo.
- 1.25" hail four miles southeast of Trenton, Mo.
- 1.25" hail five miles west of Dearborn, Mo.
- 2.00" hail in Dawn, Mo.
- 2.00" hail two miles northeast of Ludlow, Mo.
Data obtained from the Storm Prediction Center.
- Golf ball-sized hail reported in northwest Missouri Tuesday
- Northwest Runs Past Missouri Western
- Severe Weather Hits Northwest Missouri
- Record Corn Harvest Expected in Northwest Missouri
- Governor visits northwest Missouri ahead of Missouri River flooding
- Western and Northwest Softball Split Tuesday
- Northwest Missouri State University will close campus Tuesday night due extreme cold
- KQ2 Forecast: Parts of northwest Missouri under T-Storm watch
- Northwest Missouri driving fatalities up 15 percent in 2018
- Wintry mix leads to hazardous roads across northwest Missouri