(KMOV - ST. LOUIS) Missouri Governor Eric Greitens admitted to an extramarital affair.
In a recording obtained by KMOV News 4, a woman said that she had a sexual encounter with Gov. Greitens and that he tried to blackmail her to keep the encounter quiet.
The details were provided by the woman's ex-husband, claiming that the sexual relationship happened between his now ex-wife and Greitens in March of 2015.
According to the ex-husband, the recording was made just days after Greitens' and the woman's first encounter and that Greitens took a photograph of the woman to use as "blackmail."
The name of the woman has not been released and she has not made an on-the-record comment about the story.
- Governor Greitens Confirms Affair that Occurred in 2015
- Governor Greitens Announces Resignation
- Governor Greitens to Visit St. Joseph
- Governor's Lawyer: Greitens is "Absolutely Innocent"
- Governor Greitens Attends St. Joseph Republican Event
- Fellow Military Vet to Succeed Greitens as Missouri Governor
- Greitens Indicted by Grand Jury
- Ashcroft Responds to Greitens Indictment
- Governor Gives First Interview Since Admitting to Affair