(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.)- Missouri Governor Mike Parson made a visit to St. Joseph Tuesday and while in town, he stopped to visit the 139th Airlift Wing.
"The job, the task they have in front of them to protect our country is one of the things I think we all need to pay a little more attention to in the sacrifices they make everyday," Parson said. "To be here when a lot of them got to come back home after a mission they've been on is pretty neat, but really the focus is on trying to support our military and troops out there that are protecting every one of us across the state."
Parson met with military officials to take a tour of the airbase and during the visit, the governor got the opportunity to test out the National Guard's flying simulator.
On the visit to the airbase, Parson welcomed home a fleet of air guardsmen returning from deployment.
The governor will continue his tour around the state Wednesday making a stop at the Missouri State Fair in Sedalia.
- Governor Parson visits 139th Airlift Wing during St. Joseph visit
- Governor Parson visits Cameron
- Airmen from 139th Airlift Wing sandbagging
- 139th relocating C-130s from Rosecrans due to flooding threat; Governor expected to visit St. Joseph
- Governor Greitens to Visit St. Joseph
- Chris Wallace visits St. Joseph
- Descendant of Joseph Robidoux Visits St. Joseph
- Governor Parson Stops in St. Joseph for Statewide Listening Tour
- 139th Airlift Wing works with volunteers to reinforce levee, save Elwood from flood
- ONLY ON KQ2: 139th Airlift Wing Sends Aid to Puerto Rico