(JEFFERSON CITY, Mo.) Governor Mike Parson named state Treasurer Eric Schmitt as the state's next attorney general.
Gov. Parson made the announcement Tuesday.
Schmitt replaces Josh Hawley, who defeated incumbent Democratic U.S. Sen. Claire McCaskill in last week's election.
Schmitt served two terms in the Missouri State Senate. He was elected state Treasurer in 2016.
- Governor names Eric Schmitt as new Missouri Attorney General
- Missouri Attorney General Accuses Governor of Criminal Wrongdoing
- Missouri Attorney General Files for Senate Seat
- Missouri Attorney General Hawley opens investigation into Missouri Catholic Churches
- Missouri Attorney General Hawley cruises to easy nomination
- Chiefs release Eric Berry
- Missouri Western names fifth president
- Jeff Sessions out as attorney general
- Governor visits northwest Missouri ahead of Missouri River flooding
- Jury to Hear Case Against Missouri Governor