BREAKING NEWS Suspect arrested in deadly midtown shooting charged with murder Full Story
STREAMING NOW: Watch Now

City Council to Review Request for Storm Water Grants

The St. Joseph City Council will be meeting tonight to approve another grant application for its storm water grant program.

Posted: Feb 12, 2018 3:00 PM
Updated: Feb 13, 2018 4:13 PM

(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) The grant program was started in February 2017 in order to help lower the cost to homeowners who experience a break in their storm water system.

This is the first year that the city has agreed to pay 90 percent of the cost for repair work for leaks in the underground storm water drainage system that happens under private property. The homeowner then needs to pay the remaining 10 percent of the project costs.

The city has an annual budget of $100,000 for those who need to apply for the grant.

The grant funding has generally been anywhere from $15,000 to $25,000 from the city.

So far one project has been completed with the new grant. The city council will be reviewing the third and fourth project requests during their regular meeting Monday night.

St. Joseph
Clear
42° wxIcon
Hi: 69° Lo: 34°
Feels Like: 42°
Clarinda
Partly Cloudy
39° wxIcon
Hi: 68° Lo: 35°
Feels Like: 39°
St. Joseph
Clear
42° wxIcon
Hi: 68° Lo: 34°
Feels Like: 42°
Chillicothe/Agri
Partly Cloudy
47° wxIcon
Hi: 69° Lo: 33°
Feels Like: 47°
Falls City
Clear
55° wxIcon
Hi: 68° Lo: 33°
Feels Like: 55°
The warming trend will continue tomorrow with temperatures climbing into the mid to upper 60s under mostly sunny skies. Winds will also be much calmer today out of the east about 5-10 mph. Temperatures will make a run towards the 70s on Thursday with most areas landing in the upper 60s for highs as sunshine continues. A disturbance will pass to the south of our area on Friday bringing us a few clouds. Temperatures will drop down into the 50s on Friday before quickly warming back up for the weekend. The weekend is looking warm and sunny with highs in the low to mid 60s. Next week looks to start off just as warm with temperatures remaining well above average in the 60s.
KQTV Radar
KQTV Temperatures
KQTV Alerts

Community Events