(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) As temperatures climb into 90s Tuesday, the St. Joseph School District is making the call to dismiss middle and high schools early.
Some of the buildings in the district do not have air conditioning. All three high schools and two middle schools are only partially air conditioned.
Middle and high schools will let out 2 hours early. Elementary schools will remain in session for the full day. Afternoon classes for high school students at Hillyard Technical Center are also canceled today as well as afternoon classes for middle and high school students at Webster Learning center.
A heat advisory is expected to take effect at 1:00 p.m. Tuesday with the heat index forecast to hit between 105-110 degrees.
- Heat prompts St. Joseph middle and high schools to dismiss early
- SJSD middle schools, high schools to dismiss early Wednesday due to heat
- SJSD middle schools, high schools to dismiss early Thursday due to heat
- St Joseph Beats the Heat
- St. Joseph School District dismissing early due to possible icy weather
- SJSD schools to dismiss early Tuesday due to heat-related factors
- St. Joseph Christmas Decorations
- St. Joseph Mayoral Debate
- St. Joseph celebrates pride
- St. Joseph Man Dies in Early Morning Crash