(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A helicopter operation involving various local law enforcement led to 26 arrests Thursday night.
St. Joseph Police Department joined forces with Missouri Highway Patrol, Buchanan County's Drug Strike Force for the helicopter operation. A total of 53 law enforcement officers participated. Elwood Police Department and Andrew County Sheriff's Department were staged for support but nothing actually went through their jurisdictions.
The operation ran from 9 p.m. until 1:30 a.m. The operation resulted in 135 car stops that lead to the 26 arrests, including one juvenile.
There were seven city warrants, eight felony state warrants, and four misdemeanor state warrants issued. Along with three city charges that were disorderly conduct and/or drug possession. The operation lead to seven investigations.
- Helicopter operation leads to 26 arrests
- Police helicopter operation leads to 98 stops, 17 arrests
- Police Use Helicopters for Operation
- Police Make 5 Arrests During Overnight Operation Targeting Fleeing Drivers
- Operation Christmas Child Collection Begins
- Eggs Rain Down On East Hills During Helicopter Drop
- United Way Funds Crucial for InterServ Operations
- Police stop 77 cars in overnight operation
- Students deliver gifts for Operation Christmas Child
- Volunteers pack boxes for Operation Christmas Child