If you were out at the KQ2 Ag and Rural Lifestyle show on Friday and Saturday at the St. Joe Civic Arena, you might have noticed a booth of veterans selling hoodies.
The local group Heroes for Heroes was out selling hoodies, t-shirts and raffle tickets to benefit veterans in northwest Missouri.
Ron McDaniel said the group was started about a year ago after he notice some of his fellow veterans struggling to make ends meet.
“I’m a veteran myself, and all of these guys [working here] are veterans as well. We had some guys in our group meetings that were down on their luck and we helped them. So we thought why not help everyone in northwest Missouri,” McDaniel said.
The group hosts various fundraisers throughout the year to provide financial and emotional support for veterans in the area.
“What we do is we help veterans out financially get back on their feet. We pay utility bills, rent, fix cars. We do what we can. There are a lot of veterans out there that need help, so we do the best we can,” McDaniel said.
The group raised over $300 to help local veterans over the course of the Ag Show. McDaniels said the group will also be hosting a bull riding competition later in the spring to benefit veterans in St. Joseph.
If you would like to contact Heroes for Heroes to make a donation or request assistance for a veteran in need, send the information via mail to P.O. Box 241, St. Joseph, Missouri.
- Heroes for Heroes Raises Funds for Local Veterans
- Local Hero Passes Away, Community Raises Money for Services
- Community Mourns Loss of Local Hero
- Red Cross in Search of Local Heroes
- Future firefighters honor the heroes of 9/11
- Gower pays respect to fallen heroes on Memorial Day
- Local family raising funds for son to chase basketball dreams
- Red Cross Supports Local Veterans
- John McCain, Arizona senator and Vietnam war hero, dies at 81
- SJPD officer recognized as hero for rescuing man from burning car