The magical season came to an end for East Buchanan on Saturday afternoon as the Bulldogs were unable to get much going in a 28-14 loss to Monroe City in the Class 1 State Semifinals.
The game was tied up at 6-6 before Monroe City scored 14 unanswered points to a take a 20-6 lead into the halftime break.
In the second half, East Buchanan staged a rally, Alex Lang scored to cut the deficit to 20-14, but couldn't get a stop on defense when they needed it.
Monroe City's Cole Penneyweil iced the game with his second touchdown on the contest to put Monroe City up 28-14.
East Buchanan's run ends with an overall record of 10-3.
MARYVILLE 49 - BLAIR OAKS 20
For the second consecutive season, the Maryville Spoofhounds will play for a Class 3 State Title after knocking off Blair Oaks 49-20 on Saturday afternoon,
The Spoofhounds got things going pretty early. Just 20 second into the game, Eli Dowis provided the first points on a 60-yard touchdown scamper to make it 8-0.
3:30 seconds later, Maryville scored again to extend their lead to 16-0.
You can see where I'm going with this.
Maryville led 22-0 at the end of the first quarter, and dominated Blair Oaks, leading 42-0 at the end of the first half.
Maryville will take on Mt. Vernon for the rights to a Class 3 State Title next Saturday afternoon at Faurot Field in Columbia. Kickoff at 11 a.m.
- High School Round-up: East Buchanan Falls Short in Class 1, Maryville Cruises Past Blair Oaks
- East Buchanan Powers Past Princeton to Advance into the Class 1 State Semifinal
- Mid-Buchanan, Maryville Nab Wins Wednesday Night
- East Buchanan Prepares for Semifinals Showdown
- Western Hoops Cruises Past Upper Iowa
- East Buchanan Football Named HyVee Team of the Week
- Oak Grove graduates their preschool class of 2019
- Lafayette Boys Top Mid-Buchanan, Benton Girls Runs Past Savannah
- Fairfield Inn Classic Recap: Western cruises past St. Mary, Northwest falls against Rockhurst
- United Way Falls Short of Fundraising Goal