(BUCHANAN COUNTY, Mo.) The Missouri Department of Transportation has reopened one lane of U.S. Highway 59 going into Atchison, Kansas, the Buchanan County Sheriff's Office announced on Facebook.
There will be a traffic light allowing traffic to travel on the road in both directions.
Additional roads in the area of Winthrop and North Shore could reopen in the coming days as well.
Still, some roads remain closed in northwest Missouri. For a full look at road closures, visit MoDOT's traveler information map by clicking here.
- Highway 59 reopens into Atchison, Kansas
- U.S. Highway 59 reopens
- Flooding closes Hwy. 59 near Atchison, Kansas
- Route 59 reopens to one lane traffic from Rushville to Atchison, Kansas
- U.S. Route 59 now completely open from Atchison, Kansas to St. Joseph
- Atchison, Kansas man sentenced for trafficking meth
- 1 injured in shooting in Atchison, Kansas
- Storms leave widespread damage in Atchison, Kansas
- Highway 59 shutdown from Rushville to Atchison, includes Amelia Earhart Bridge
- 2 Dead in Hwy. 59 Crash Near Atchison