(BUCHANAN COUNTY, Mo.) Buchanan County Sheriff deputies are shutting down Highway 59 because of flooding.
The closure is from Rusvhille to Atchison and includes the Amelia Earhart Bridge.
Earlier Thursday morning, water was over topping levees near Rushville and Winthrop.
Sheriff deputies and county officials were going door-to-door alerting residents of the situation.
- Highway 59 shutdown from Rushville to Atchison, includes Amelia Earhart Bridge
- Highway 59 reopens into Atchison, Kansas
- Flooding closes Highway 59 near Atchison, Kansas
- Panel chases Amelia Earhart's life, death
- Route 59 reopens to one lane traffic from Rushville to Atchison, Kansas
- U.S. Lawmakers Look to Rename Atchison Post Office in Honor of Amelia Earhart
- U.S. Highway 59 reopens
- New Amelia Earhart Documentary Features Rare Film Footage
- Birthplace of Amelia Earhart holds annual citywide festival
- Flooding closes Hwy. 59 near Atchison, Kansas