A year after historic flooding, levees in Holt County are still broken and after years of feeling like federal officials aren't doing enough to protect their families, farms and towns; residents voted to finance levees themselves.
With 67 levee repair projects that the Kansas City District of the Corps of Engineers needs to attend to has left some rural communities feeling overlooked.
Posted: Feb 25, 2020 11:03 AM
Updated: Feb 25, 2020 11:06 AM
- Holt County Residents Decide to Fund Levee Repairs
- Craig continues effort to raise fund for levee repairs
- Engineers Wrap Up First Phase of Levee Repairs
- Holt County residents speak out about Missouri River flooding
- Holt County residents begin road to recovery after historic flooding
- Woman Killed in Holt County Crash
- Holt County hosts 66th Autumn Festival
- Holt County Rural Water issues boil advisory
- Holt County reports first case of coronavirus
- Elwood Bottoms Fish and Wildlife Mitigation Site and Wildlife Area partially closed temporarily for levee repairs
Scroll for more content...