(CRAIG, Mo.) According to the Holt County Sheriff's Department, the City of Craig is now issuing a mandatory evacuation as flood water rises near the city.
According to the post, people who choose to stay in town will need to go to city hall in Craig or call 660-683-5412 and give your name and address if you should later need to be rescued.
An emergency shelter is being opened for Craig residents at First Christian Church at 402 E. 5th St. in Mound City, Mo.
- Holt County Sheriff's Department: Mandatory evacuation for Craig
- Levee breached in Craig, town evacuating
- Mandatory evacuation issued for Big Lake as flooding worsens
- City Officials Discuss Mandatory Evacuations for Parts of St. Joseph
- Elwood issues mandatory evacuation as Missouri River hits 30 feet
- Mandatory evacuations for parts of St. Joseph, Buchanan County, Doniphan County
- Woman Killed in Holt County Crash
- Holt County hosts 66th Autumn Festival
- Holt County officials issue evacuation recommendation due to forecast river levels
- Craig students return to classroom