(St.Joseph,MO)Over 800 people laced up their running shoes for a pre-Thanksgiving dinner workout Thursday morning.Runners, walkers and joggers all lined up behind the St. Jo Frontier Casino at 9 a.m.for the 13th annual Turkey Trot, hosted by the St. Joseph Sertoma Club.
Turkey Trot Coordinator and Sertoma Club member Patty Burton said the fun run raised nearly $14,000 to be split between the Noyes Home for Children and the YMCA.
“It’s just a feel good situation. You can feel good about yourself that you’re getting a little exercise before you overindulge, which this day is all about. You can also feel good that you are helping the community,” Burton said.
Burton said a portion of the proceeds will also go towards a summer camp for speech and hearing impaired children, sponsored by the Sertoma Club.
- Hundreds participate in annual Turkey Trot
- Sertoma Turkey Trot Breaks Record with Over 800 Participants
- Citizen's police academy welcomes participants
- First Annual Big Muddy Mini Maker Faire Attracts Hundreds
- Annual Parkway Run brings inspires hundreds to hit the pavement
- More than 60 bikers participate in annual poker run to honor fallen soldiers
- Volunteers Needed for Turkey Day
- Hundreds of Preservationists in St. Joe for annual state-wide conference
- Local shoppers react to nationwide turkey recall
- St. Joseph participates in National Drug Take-Back Day